Meaningful and deep conversations can have a big impact on somebody’s perspective over life or self and can lead to amazing unexpected insights. And truly there’s no better way to start a meaningful conversation but through asking the right questions and I personally have always loved good open questions. They have also helped me move forward in life and understand more of what’s inside rather than what’s going on outside. Also, if you meet someone you feel an immediate connection with, ask them these deep questions not only to get to know them very quickly on an intimate level but also to spark a light within their spirit.
Here are my favourite 50 questions to help you discover more about yourself or others:
1. What makes you feel really alive?
2. What do you want to do before you die?
3. What would you do today if you found out that you will die tomorrow?
4. What habit you would like to develop?
5. What is your next great adventure?
6. What was the biggest adventure of your life?
7. What are you thankful for in this very moment?
8. What are you looking forward to?
9. Where would you like to wake up tomorrow?
10. What do you miss?
11. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up?
12. How do you want to be remembered?
13. Is there anything you wish you didn’t know?
14. If your house was on fire, what object would you take with you?
15. What don’t you spend enough time doing?
16. What are you curious about lately?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What was your childhood dream? So what did you end up doing?
19. What made you change your mind?
20. What’s your biggest dream right now?
21. Is there any advice that you would give to your younger self?
22. What is the kindest thing you have done for yourself? How about for someone else?
23. What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
24. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want to have a meaningful conversation with?
25. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
26. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
27. What would constitute a “perfect day” for you?
28. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common?
29. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
30. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
31. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
32. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life or anything else, what would you want to know?
33. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
34. What do you value most in a friendship?
35. What is your meaning of life?
36. What do you like/hate about yourself?
37. What’s the most embarrassing moment of your life?
38. Who is your role model and why?
39. If you could speak another language, what would it be?
40. What makes you happiest?
41. If you could speak to everyone in the world at the same time, what would you say?
42. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
43. How do you define love?
44. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
45. Which is worse failing or never trying? Why?
46. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
47. What is your greatest fear?
48. What do you love the most on Earth?
49. If you had the power to make a change in your life, what would that be?
50. When was the last time you had a conversation that had some sort of impact in your life?
"One good conversation can shift the direction of change forever.."